Applications are invited for Yale World Fellows program that will run from mid-August to mid-December. Citizens of a country other than the USA are eligible for this fellowship program.
The mission of Yale World Fellows is to cultivate and empower a network of globally engaged leaders committed to making the world a better place
In order to be eligible fluency in English is required.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for a four-month residential program at Yale University. The 2017 program will run from mid-August to mid-December.
Study Subject: The program, which is part of Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, provides the opportunity for World Fellows to contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, participate in events, collaborate with peers, audit classes, mentor students and lead round-table discussions. In doing so, it exposes emerging global leaders to new ideas and ways of doing and thinking. Brilliant minds are refreshed, challenged and expanded.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- BE IN THE MID-CAREER STAGE Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than 20, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- BE FLUENT IN ENGLISH An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- BE A CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
SELECTION CRITERIA INCLUDE:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Please note that application for admission to the Greenberg World Fellows Program is completely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Most questions about the program and the application process can be answered by reviewing this website and the common questions. If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send multiple emails regarding one issue, and please do not email staff individually. We thank you for your patience in allowing staff adequate time to thoughtfully process your inquiries.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
Link: Click Here