The University of Southern Maine is providing financial assistance to students with excellent academic merit in the form of the International Student merit awards for the academic year 2021-2022.
Students who wish to undertake an undergraduate degree programme at USM are eligible. The students must be enrolled and accepted to receive the award. It is a merit-based scholarship.
The University of Southern Maine is northern New England’s outstanding public, regional, comprehensive university, ranked between 136 – 176 in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North, is highly dedicated to o providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education.
Why choose to study at the University of Southern Maine? Ranked ten as Best Value College in Maine, The University of Southern Maine is one of the premier universities in the region and the country. It offers over 70 graduate and undergraduate courses. It is an excellent place for learning since it has a student-faculty ratio of 16.2:1. The faculty belongs to various streams of the educational field and have vast experience of practical profession and teaching.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Southern Maine
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $12,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate degree courses and subjects available at USM are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must have a GPA of no less than 75 to 3.5.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply to the university through the online platform. The applicants will be considered upon acceptance into the university.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit the following documents:
- Original Transcripts, all official transcripts from all previously attended institutions where credits were earned or not, and all examination certificates translated to English
- Letter of Recommendations
- Updated Resume
- An essay is recommended but not necessary
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission Requirements: The students must have attained a minimum of 950-1160 SAT score or 19-25 ACT score to gain admission.
- Language Requirement: The students must achieve the required scores on the following English language proficiency:
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 5 (overall), minimum 6 (in each band)
- PTE Academic – 61 (overall)
- Cambridge English Advanced – 180 (overall)
The university will provide the selected students with a sum of $8000 to $12,000 towards the tuition fee of the chosen course for upto four years of study.