University of Winnipeg is now accepting applications for President Scholarship. These scholarships will be given to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time.
The University of Winnipeg is a public university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada that offers undergraduate faculties of Art, Business and Economics, Education, Science and Kinesiology and Applied Health as well as graduate programs.
The language of instruction at the University of Winnipeg is English. Students must have a level of ability in English that allows them to participate in all aspects of university study, including lectures, reading, writing, and discussion.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018 for Winter 2019.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for students entering first year of any program: – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or English Language Program (ELP).
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders ranges from $3,500 – $5,000.
English Language Program: $3,500
Professional, Applied Continuing Education: $3,500
- Number of Scholarships: 15 scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- Be an international student.
- Entering first year of any program.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Apply for admission by the scholarship deadline date.
- English Language Requirements: Below are a list of the tests and programs for English language that are acceptable at The University of Winnipeg:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 550 with no less than 50 in each component (paper-based), or achieve a minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (internet-based).
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via post.
In addition to this application, please submit the following pieces of information:
- Personal Statement: Outline leadership qualities, extra-curricular/volunteer involvement and academic goals. This should be 250-500 words.
- Resume: List volunteer/extra-curricular activities in chronological order, work experience, awards, any publications, etc.
- Official Transcript.