The University of Groningen is pleased to offer UCG Scholarship Program (USP) for pursuing bachelor (BSc/BA/LL.B) degree for the 2018-2019 academic year. Non-EU students with an excellent academic profile are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
UCG aims to reward students with great ambition, but who also have a great passion for social engagement and who are determined to make a positive impact during their studies at UCG.
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing bachelor (BSc/BA/LL.B) degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Liberal Arts and Sciences BA/BSc.
Number of Scholarships: 1 full scholarship is available.
Scholarship Award: The value is €12,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
- The USP Scholarship is a grant towards study costs for students applying to the BA/BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- The USP scholarship is intended for students with an excellent academic profile, but who require financial assistance to study. Evidence of social engagement and extracurricular activities will support your request for funding.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Submit a letter of motivation to explain why you believe you should be considered for a scholarship. This should:
- Be a maximum of 500 words in a Word document.
- Explain why you believe you deserve a scholarship and why you need financial assistance for your studies (this is not why you want to apply for the Liberal Arts and Sciences degree as you will have already explained this in your application ).
- Explain your experiences with social engagement and extracurricular events. Explain how you want to contribute to society in the future, what issues are important to you and why it is important for you to be awarded the USP scholarship. Also explain your ambitions and how you would like to achieve these ambitions and goals during your studies at UCG.
- Be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 February 2018 – the email title must be: ‘Letter of Motivation – USP Scholarship’.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must complete your application in OAS before 1 February 2018 as well.
2. An additional assessment and providing financial proof of your need for funding is part of the selection procedure. The Admission & Enrolment Coordinator will inform you about the final decision.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is February 1, 2018.