Applications are invited for The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowship to study in Canada. Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowship offers sustained support to intellectuals who are recognized for their productivity, their commitment to communicating their findings to the public, and their ability to imagine innovative solutions to some of the major issues facing society.
The Trudeau fellowship is one of the most prestigious awards in Canada. Aside from its exceptional value of $225 000, the fellowship offers its recipient extensive liberty in the way the funds are allocated towards research. Trudeau fellowships are typically granted to academics at mid-career.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing research.
Study Subject: Humanities and social sciences, and specifically one or more of the following themes:
- Human Rights and Dignity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Canada in the World
- People and their Natural Environment
Number of Scholarships: Up to fifteen scholarships to Canadian and foreign doctoral candidates.
Scholarship Award: The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowships provide:
- Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
- Involvement in lively exchanges with other researchers and policy makers;
- The opportunity to contribute to public dialogue and share innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation;
- A $150,000 allowance over three years for research, travel and networking;
- A $50,000 award;
- A $25,000 allowance to cover the cost of participation in Foundation events.
- In 2015, a total of 49 candidates were nominated by 250 institutions and community members.
- Five fellows were selected by an independent panel.
- The Foundation has awarded a total of 58 fellowships to date.
- Trudeau fellows are appointed for life.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
HƯỚNG DẪN APPLY HỌC BỔNG IRISH AID- CLICK HERE
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Researchers active in a field of the humanities and social sciences related to one or more of the Foundation’s four themes; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries legally allowed to reside in Canada for the funding period.
Nationality: Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Regular fellowship
Candidates to the regular Trudeau fellowship are researchers who have set themselves apart through their capacity to propose creative solutions to important issues and their ability to inform public debate beyond the academic sphere.
The Foundation can award one fellowship per year to a visiting fellow. The regular Trudeau fellowship’s criteria of excellence and engagement also apply to the visiting fellowship. However, the visiting fellow’s affiliation to the host institution is different: the selected candidate is invited to take part in the host university’s activities for a residency period of approximately one year in the course of the three-year fellowship tenure.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is December 4, 2017.