Học bổng du học Bỉ tại trường KU Leuven
Applications are invited for Science@Leuven Scholarship available for international students in Belgium which is funded by KU Leuven for 2017-2018 academic years. Scholarships are available for international Master programme within the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven (Astronomy and Astrophysics, Biology , Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics).
Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science-at-Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary. If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money. The expense for a full year at the KU Leuven is estimated to be about 11.000 euro.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements
- The applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- The applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- The applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- The applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- The applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
- The applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- The applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
- Please do not apply if applicants do not meet all the Requirements
- The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
- For all the English taught master programmes the following language requirements are requested. This is even more so for applicants for the Scholarship. The level of English is considered to be a selection criterium.
Nationality: International students and EEA/non-EEA citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: For all the English taught master programmes the following language requirements are requested. This is even more so for applicants for the Scholarship. The level of English is considered to be a selection criterium. Proof of proficiency in English
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Applicants with a KU Leuven degree: Applicants that already successfully completed an English-taught programme at KU Leuven, do not have to take an English proficiency test.
- Applicants with a university degree earned in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the USA: the certified diploma and transcripts suffice, provided they confirm that the entire university study was completed in English. Absolutely no other diplomas will be accepted as evidence even if the applicant has followed an exclusively English-taught programme.
- Other applicants should submit a satisfactory score on an internationally recognized test of English language proficiency: TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing). No other proficiency tests will be accepted, and absolutely no application will be considered without such a test certificate.
How to Apply:
- Applicants have to apply for the master programme of their choice through the application form of the KU Leuven.
- The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- After having completed the application form of the official KULeuven application page, applicants register here. The id-account asked is the same account as on the application form of the KU Leuven.
- Additional to the information required by the KU Leuven, the applicants also upload the following information through their application form of the KU Leuven:
- A complete list of course titles for which they have obtained a credit Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result they obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide an summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- For the courses that they deem most relevant as a preparation for the master that they are considering, provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide;
- Two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- A letter of motivation for the programme.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines for 2017-2018 sessions are:- The deadlines for applications from Exchange Students are:
- 30April for Exchange Students wishing to study at KU Leuven during the first semester
- 1 October for students wishing to study at KU Leuven during the second semester
The deadlines for all other applications are:
- 1 February for applications of non-EEA citizens for Bachelor’s and Master’s and Postgraduate programmes taught in Dutch
- 1 March for applications of non-EEA citizens for Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes and Postgraduate study programmes taught in English
- 1 June for applications of EEA citizens
- 1 June for applications of non-EEA citizens living in Belgium with a valid residence permit
- No deadline for applications of self-supporting students for predoctoral and doctoral programmes
- No deadline for applications of international scholars and specialization students
Link: Click Here