[HỌC BỔNG NGẮN HẠN TẠI NGA]
Applications are invited for up to twenty UNESCO/ISEDC co-sponsored fellowship programme available in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. This is a four weeks programme open to specific countries.
The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition.
Since its creation, UNESCO’s mission has been to contribute to the building of peace, poverty eradication, lasting development and intercultural dialogue, with education as one of its principal activities to achieve this aim.
Candidate must be the holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Course Level: This is a four weeks fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: The candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study, which are aligned with UNESCO’s objectives and programme priorities, as per approved 35 C/5 and in accordance with the decisions made by the Executive Board (161 EX/Decision 3.6.3 and 165 EX/Decision 8.6) :
(a) Energy and sustainable development;
(b) Ecological management of energy resources;
(c) Renewable energy;
(d) Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowships will cover:
- Facilities offered by ISEDC
- Beneficiaries will be exempt from paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency.
- The stipend amounting to four hundred twenty-five (425) US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals.
- The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
- Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flights.
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.
- Number of Scholarships: Twenty (20) fellowships of four weeks (4) duration each in 2019.
- Nationality: Africa, Arab States, Asia, and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and Associate Member
- Scholarship can be taken in The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Eswatini, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) Arab States (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen) Asia and The Pacific (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor – Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam) Latin America and the Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (plurinacional State of), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela) Europe (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovak Republic, The former Yugolsav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, and Ukraine) Associate Member State (Tokelau).
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
(a) The holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics
(b) Proficient in the English language
(c) Not more than 35 years of age
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Procedures on Submission of applications
- All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of Diplomas;
- Certificate of English Language proficiency;
subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies). The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
- Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfill the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
- Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.