To nurture the talent of international students, Duke–NUS Medical School is providing the Lee foundation grants for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is a collaboration between the Lee Foundation and Duke-NUS to support the medical studies of international students in Singapore. Students who are accepted in the applied programme will be given the award of S$20,000 towards the cost study.
The Duke–NUS Medical School is a graduate medical school in Singapore ranked among the top national medical school. Its mission is to establish regional platforms and networks to build competencies and enhance collaboration.
Why study at Duke–NUS Medical School? Duke–NUS Medical School is a US-style medical college where students will gain the skills to both, practice and improve the practice of medicine. It prepares doctors who will be equipped and knowledgeable enough to practice in the rapidly changing world of medicine. The curriculum of Duke–NUS Medical School is set in a way that the students can acquire and improve upon the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for any medical practitioner.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2021
- University or Organization: Duke–NUS Medical School
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctorate
- Award: S$20,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can undertake a Doctor of Medicine – Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Medicine programme at Duke.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time in an eligible course at Duke.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates are required to must apply to Duke–NUS via the official online application platform of the university. Accepted students that meet the program criteria will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Two reference letters from professors, mentors, or employers
- Bachelor’s or Honours Degree certification
- Admission Requirements: The students must provide scores of the Graduate Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) to be admitted in Duke–NUS.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- TOEFL IBT – 85
- IELTS – 7.0
The winners of the support will receive S$20,000 towards the Doctor of Medicine – Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Medicine programme.