Fulfil your career dreams in Finland through applying for the International Scholarships offered by the University of Helsinki. The university offers these grants for the academic year 2021-2022.
The program is open for those brilliant aspirants from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who will commence in the master degree coursework at the university.
University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki is well known as one of the best multidisciplinary universities in the world. As a renowned research university, it offers careers possibilities for 8,000 people, with a range of open positions in teaching and research as well as service and expert roles. It also provides excellent support services and employee benefits.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must be eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- Candidate must have to meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- Applicant must have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
- Applicant must have an outstanding spoken and written English well above the English as a Second Language level.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The university offers these grants for studying the postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
Benefits of the Programs
The studentship will be awarded as follow:
- Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
- Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 Euros.
- Duration of the scholarship is two years.
- For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to fulfil the requirements of the award.
- After the first study year, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, and the scholarship will be continued.
Besides this, candidates can also get these benefits:
- Free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- Student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- Reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you want to apply for this studentship, then you are required to take admission in the postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Helsinki. After taking admission, candidates can apply for the grant.
Note: The scholarships for new students will be awarded based on overall academic assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications, will be taken into consideration
Step 2: Submit required documents
- Previous academic performance
- Letters of motivation
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Undergraduate transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- You must have a Bachelor’sBachelor’s degree or equivalent to be eligible to apply.
- Your Bachelor’sBachelor’s degree does not always have to be precisely in the same field, but you must have completed studies that are relevant to the Master’sMaster’s programme you are applying for.
- When applying to degree programmes conducted in English at any level, you must meet the English language requirements.
For studying in Finland, candidates are recommended to apply for the student visa. Accordingly, anyone entering Finland from within the Schengen area needs only a valid passport or some other official document issued for travelling purposes. Students coming from outside of the Schengen area will need a passport and possibly also a visa.
You can check the list provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland to see if you need a visa to enter the Schengen area.
Scholarship application deadline: Open
Contact email or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 (02) 941 22035