These are available for all nationalities and research fields students to pursue a graduate program (Master and PhD) at a Japanese graduate school.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provides to bright holders who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations.
Application Deadline: October 2020
- Foreign students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for doctoral or master’s degree.
- All nationalities and research fields are welcome.
- Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1984. The student applying for the Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Applicants can submit an online application with “web application system” and upload the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcript (In Japanese or English), Research Plan, A recommendation letter from the supervisor, Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The period of the award is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years