Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), based in l’Aquila, Italy, offers PhD Scholarships in Italy. Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
Gran Sasso Science Institute is an international school for advanced studies located in L’Aquila, Italy.
Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2017 may apply (both Italian or foreign degree according to the previous description). Applicants will have to send a copy of their degree certificate at phd.secretariat-at-gssi.it by November 20, 2017.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD degree programme at Gran Sasso Science Institute.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
Number of Awards: 40 scholarships are offered.
Scholarship Award: The yearly amount of the scholarship is of € 16.159,91 gross (an additional 50% on monthly basis may be awarded for research period aboard if approved by the GSSI).
- All PhD students will have tuition fees waived
- All PhD students will have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities or a financial substitute of 350,00 Euros gross/month (to obtain the contribution, the students would have to present a rental agreement in L’Aquila)
- All PhD students will have free luncheon vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions, other situations contemplated by the GSSI rules)
- All PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Hướng dẫn viết bài luận du học- Click Here
- English knowledge is compulsory. Applications are opened to candidates who meet the below requirements without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion:
- Italian Degree: Laurea Magistrale (or Specialistica) or Four or five years degree according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system (Vecchio Ordinamento)
- Foreign Degree: Foreign degrees are considered and their eligibility is assessed by the Selection Committee. For admissions, the minimum duration of university studies is equivalent to four years (full time). If admitted, foreign degree holders are required to hand in a “Dichiarazione di valore”. This document is not required to apply (see below).
- Graduating Applicants: Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2017 may apply (both Italian or foreign degree according to the previous description). Applicants will have to send a copy of their degree certificate at phd.secretariat-at-gssi.it by November 20, 2017 (for Italian degrees a “self declaration” can also be accepted).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2017.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants must fill out the online application form and attach the required documents by May 31, 2017, 6 pm (Italian time zone). No other application method will be accepted. The documents you need to submit are:
- Copy of the University title certificate
- Academic transcripts (list of courses with grades)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of a valid Identity Document (ID) signed and dated.
These documents, common to all applicants, must be in pdf or jpg format and each file size should not exceed 3Mb.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.