[HỌC BỔNG PHD TOÀN PHẦN DU HỌC Ý]
32 scholarship opportunities are available for international students who wish to study in Italy. All admitted students pay no tuition fees, receive a monthly scholarship €140.00/year and have free room and board on campus for all four years of the program.
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca is an international Graduate School in Italy. The multilateral PhD program of IMT integrates scientific abilities of the science of economics, engineering, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history and cultural heritage.
- Deadline: April 23rd, 2019 at 12:00 pm Italian time
- Course Level: PhD
- Scholarship Award: Admitted students, in addition to free room and board, will also receive a research scholarship, which amounts to approximately €15,300 (gross)/year. The Program is articulated over a 4-year period, with the option of graduating after the third year.
- Number of Awards: 32 (16 for the PhD Program in ‘Cognitive and Cultural Systems’ and 16 for the PhD Program in ‘Systems Science’)
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in: Lucca, Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible countries: All nationalities are eligible
- Eligible Course or Subjects: 32 positions are for 4 field-specific tracks: Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH) and Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN), both associated to the Cognitive and Cultural Systems PhD Program; Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE) and Economics, Networks and Business Analytics (ENBA), affiliated with the Systems Science PhD Program
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion
- Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English
- No knowledge of Italian is requested
Applications for the PhD Programs can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents.
How to Apply
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.imtlucca.it/en/phd-programs/prospective-students
- As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Applicants are required to provide the names and contact information (telephone number and institutional email) of two referees
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum/resume
- Academic transcript/Diploma supplement
- Research Statement
- Applicants have to upload the documents in PDF or any other non-modifiable standard format (i.e.: JPEG, JPG, GIF). The maximum size is 3MB for each single attachment
- Applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.
- A university degree of at least 4 years or full-time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a Laurea Magistrale (or Specialistica) or a Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento.
- Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31st, 2019 can also apply.
Once admitted to the PhD Program, candidates wishing to enroll must submit the completed enrollment form to the IMT School no later than 5 days from the publication of the results, using one of the following modalities:
- In person or by post to- IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, PhD and Higher Education Office, Piazza S. Ponziano, 6 55100 Lucca – Italy
- By fax to +39 0583 4326565
- By certified e-mail to email@example.com
- All PhD students admitted to the Ph.D. program are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax (currently €140.00/year)
- Each Ph.D. students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen
- Every scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities.
Ph.D. students at IMT enjoy the following benefits and services:
- All students admitted to the Ph.D. program are not required to pay tuition fees.
- A number of grants are available to support the participation in the program
- Grants are assigned to admit students according to the final ranking determined by the evaluation process.
- The grant is €15,343.28 per year (? €13,640.64 net/year), and can be increased by 50% during the periods spent abroad for study and research (from 2 to 9 months).
- All students who are granted a scholarship have free accommodation in shared double rooms on campus residential facilities.
- All Ph.D. students at IMT are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the School canteen located on campus.
- Lunch and dinner are served each day, Monday through Sunday, for the entire academic year.
- Vegetarian menus or takeaway meals are available on request through the online canteen reservation system.
- Advanced training and research at IMT, are fully integrated thanks to the high quality of its services and underlying scientific infrastructure.
- All IMT structures are located in the historical center of Lucca and make up an integrated campus for advanced studies and research.
- IMT assists students with arrival and administrative procedures (Visa, Stay Permit, Health insurance, Tax & Other).
- More information is available in the Visa, Stay Permit, Health, Tax & Other Useful Information and in Campus.
- Other Services
- All Ph.D. students have access to library facilities and can benefit from the services of the IT support staff for all technical requests related to study and research.