The University of Manitoba and the Faculty of Graduate Studies is delighted to announce the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGFs) in Canada. The fellowship is available to pursue graduate (PhD and Master) program.
The fellowships are awarded annually to graduate students who have demonstrated superior intellectual ability and academic accomplishments. This is awarded in any of the courses offered by the university.
The University of Manitoba is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. Located in Winnipeg and found in 1877, it was Western Canada’s first university.
What study at the University of Manitoba? The university is are the region’s largest and only research-intensive university offering over 100 academic programs, including professional disciplines such as medicine, law, and engineering.
University or Organization: University of Manitoba
Course Level: PhD and Master program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities
The program can be taken in Canada
Application Deadline: Contact your Department
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Are enrolled in or plan to enrol in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Manitoba in either the masters (Duration: UMGF Master’s: 12 or 24 months) or PhD (Duration: UMGF Doctoral: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months) program as full-time students (not including pre-masters or Occasional students)
- Have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.75 in each of the last two full years of study
- Show great promise as researchers and as graduate students
- Are admitted to, or registered in, a program that is eligible for tri-council graduate student awards
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship
How to Apply
How to Apply: The UMGF on-line application form cannot be saved and cannot be sent electronically.
Supporting Documents: You must print out a hard copy of the application form after it is completed and signed, to be submitted to your department.
Attachments (free form)
- Use white paper 8 ½ x 11 inches (21.5 cm x 28 cm).
- Set margins at ¾ of an inch (1.9 cm) (minimum) all around.
- Enter your name at the top of every page.
- Print on one side of the paper only.
- Please follow the regulations pertaining to the number of pages allowed. Pages in excess of the number permitted will be removed.
- Admission Requirements: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) within each of the last two full years of recognized university study, based on a Bachelor, Masters, Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral degree.
- language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- UMGF Master’s awards are valued at $14,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $28,000.
- UMGF Doctoral awards are valued at $18,000 per year for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months, up to a total of $72,000.
- MGS Master’s awards are valued at $15,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $30,000.
Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các bài chia sẻ sau nhé
- Hướng dẫn viết hồ sơ để nộp offer & học bổng trường tại Canada (CV, bài luận, thư giới thiệu, study plan, mock-up interview…) (click here)
- Công cụ giúp bạn đo độ mạnh hồ sơ săn học bổng (click here)
- Thấu hiểu học bổng chính phủ (click here)
- 10 điều bạn cần làm trước khi apply học bổng chính phủ (click here)