The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is inviting students from across the globe to participate in its New Student Scholarships. The programme is exclusively open for talented students for the academic year 2021-2022.
The scholarship aims to support international students who wish to study in the USA. The grant covers a fixed amount of the tuition fee of the chosen course for the period of study.
The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is a private Lasallian Catholic university. It is a non-profit institution whose vision is to be a nationally prominent and regionally dominant university that transforms individuals and communities through an education that emphasizes excellence, aligns with workforce needs, provides access and flexibility to support student needs.
Why study at the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota? At the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, they nurture and empower learners to lead ethical lives of service and leadership. It offers a transformational education to its students. It is listed as one of the best American Colleges from the student’s point of view in 2021 by Forbes Magazine.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2021
- University or Organization: Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $28,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Students from all international countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate courses are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must be enrolled in the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- The students must have a high school GPA of 3.60–4.00 and live on-campus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to register themselves on either Common Application or Saint Mary’s application to apply.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Official Academic transcripts of high school graduation in English.
- Official test scores like SAT/ACT
- The college essay (650 words), on a topic of choice.
- Letter of recommendation from school guidance counsellors, teachers, or administrators explaining your readiness to study at St. Mary’s, Minnesota.
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to be in the top 55 per cent of SAT test-takers to be admitted at the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- Language Requirement: The students must achieve minimum scores required by the university in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 72
- IELTS – 6.0
- The Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) – 74%
- The International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) – of 4.0
- Pearson Test of English – of 51
The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota will provide the selected students with an annual scholarship worth $28,000 for the period of study.