Vanderbilt University is offering merit awards for prospective freshmen students. The bursaries are open to both US and international students who are pursuing the undergraduate program. These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Vanderbilt University is a private research university founded in 1873 and located in Nashville, Tennessee. It was named in honor of shipping and rail magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt, who provided the school with its initial $1 million endowments despite having never been to the South.
Why study at Vanderbilt University? Vanderbilt University, as a private corporation, is wholly governed by an independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trust. The university is in the process of converting its residence halls into an academic residential college system.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021
University or Organization: Vanderbilt University
Course Level: Undergraduate program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: US and international students
The program can be taken in the USA
- The US and international students are eligible for merit awards.
- The application for the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship is required; you must apply to be considered. For the Ingram Scholarship Program and Chancellor’s Scholarship, the application is strongly encouraged; preference is given to those who apply. Students who wish to be considered for additional merit opportunities are encouraged to complete the Cornelius Vanderbilt application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for merit awards, students must first apply for admission separately by submitting the Common Application, Coalition Application, QuestBridge Application, or the Universal College Application to Vanderbilt.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language or the language of instruction is not English are required to submit official scores of one of the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic. Vanderbilt’s recommended minimum scores are a 100 on the internet-based TOEFL, a 230 on the computer-based TOEFL, a 7.0 on the IELTS, and a 70 on the PTE Academic.
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship: Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholars receive full tuition, plus a one-time summer stipend for study abroad, a research or service project, and/or an immersive experience following the sophomore or junior year. Vanderbilt will provide additional need-based financial aid to those Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship recipients whose demonstrated need exceeds the amount of full-tuition. The studentships are renewed each year as long as the recipient maintains at least a 3.0 GPA. Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholars have the opportunity to participate in a series of programs designed especially for highly talented students.
- Ingram Scholarship Program: Ingram Scholars receive full-tuition support each year plus stipends for special summer service projects. Vanderbilt will provide additional need-based financial aid to those Ingram Scholarship recipients whose demonstrated financial need exceeds the amount of full tuition.
- Chancellor’s Scholars: Chancellor’s Scholars receive full tuition, plus a one-time summer stipend for study abroad, a research or service project, and/or an immersive experience following the sophomore or junior year. Vanderbilt will provide additional need-based financial aid to those Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients whose demonstrated financial need exceeds the amount of full tuition. The studentships are renewed each year as long as the recipient maintains at least a 3.0 GPA.
Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các bài chia sẻ sau nhé
- Hướng dẫn viết hồ sơ để nộp offer & học bổng trường tại Mỹ (CV, bài luận, thư giới thiệu, khai hỗ trợ tài chính, mock-up interview…) (click here)
- Công cụ giúp bạn đo độ mạnh hồ sơ săn học bổng (click here)
- Thấu hiểu học bổng chính phủ (click here)
4. 10 điều bạn cần làm trước khi apply học bổng chính phủ (click here)