Maastricht University (UM) is offering the Holland-High Potential Scholarship for sparkling students in the Netherlands. These scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education program at Maastricht University.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing a full-time master’s program at Maastricht University.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Number of Scholarships: 24 full scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2022/23 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2022/23 scholarship program applicants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programs at Maastricht University.Once you have submitted your application via Studielink. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form
- Step 2: Fill in the application form upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application.
- Curriculum vitae: Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation. Your letter of motivation should be up-to-date and specifically tailored to this scholarship program.
- Proof of academic excellence: You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:
- Your University transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first-class honours) for your entire study program
- A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program.
- The contact details of one referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details.
- Relationship to applicant: indicate your referee’s connection to you; is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
- Work telephone number of your referee: Be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
- Work or institutional email address of your referee.
- Entrance Requirement: Students are eligible for admission to UCM if they have a Dutch VWO diploma or an international equivalent thereof.
- English Language Requirement: English is the working language in this program. You must, therefore, demonstrate your proficiency in English. No additional proof of English proficiency is required if you are a native English speaker or if you have obtained or will obtain:
- An International or European Baccalaureate
- A high school diploma in the USA
- GCE A-levels
- A VWO diploma with a minimum overall grade of 7 in English
- Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife with a minimum overall grade of 8 in English
The scholarship program will provide 24 full scholarships of €29.000 each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 1 February 2023.