Applications are invited for Honjo International Scholarships available for foreign students to attend a graduate school at a Japanese university. Few funding programs will be awarded.
These are available for all nationalities and research fields students to pursue a graduate program (Master and PhD) at a Japanese graduate school.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provides to bright holders who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
- Foreign students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for doctoral or master’s degree.
- All nationalities and research fields are welcome.
- Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1984. The student applying for the Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1989.
- The student must be enrolled as of April 2021 or currently applying for the academic course starting from April 2021 at a graduate school in Japan.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Applicants can submit an online application with “web application system” and upload the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcript (In Japanese or English), Research Plan, A recommendation letter from the supervisor, Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The period of the award is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
- Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các bài chia sẻ sau nhé