The Copenhagen Business School is delighted to offer PhD scholarships within the fields of Accounting. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Copenhagen Business School often abbreviated and referred to as CBS, is a public university situated in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: August 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Core research areas of the Department of Accounting and Auditing are (1) financial accounting, (2) management accounting, and (3) auditing. Examples of research areas that a scholarship might cover:
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Theory
- Accounting Regulation
- Financial Statement Analysis & Firm Valuation
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Management Control & Performance Management
- Interorganizational Cost Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting & Corporate Governance
- Accounting & Organizational Change
- Accounting & Technology
- Implementation of Accounting Systems
- Accounting based compensation
- Scholarship Award: A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totaling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Master’s degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
English Language Requirements: The applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: The application (see link below) must include a 5 page project description. This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan.
In addition to the research proposal, the application must include copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level, brief curriculum vitae (CV), a list of papers and publications, and one copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis). Applicants must enclose documentation for English language skills. Documentation of GRE and/or GMAT scores is strongly encouraged. For submitting GMAT scores, look up Copenhagen Business School in the GMAC register and choose the PhD Program.