Đại học American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in USA, 2019
Nội dung Học bổng
American University is inviting applications for Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. This scholarship is open for international students to pursue undergraduate programme.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
American University is a private research university in Washington, D.C., United States, affiliated with the United Methodist Church, although the university’s curriculum is secular.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency (minimum TOEFL iBT 95/paper based 600, IELTS 7, or PTE 53).
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University.
- Scholarship Award: The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2019.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2019.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency (minimum TOEFL iBT 95/paper based 600, IELTS 7, or PTE 53).
How to Apply: The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2018.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application and Questions 1-4.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results if available (see preferred scores above). These can be scanned and emailed to admissionsdocuments-at-american.edu. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2018, or by January 15, 2019 at the latest. Please note that students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Opportunity Grants, Diana Kamal Scholarship Search, or similar, or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$66,717 (estimated costs for first year of study).
104 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay