[Học bổng toàn phần Tiến sĩ tại Canada]
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an independent and non-partisan charity established in 2001 as a living memorial to the former prime minister by his family, friends, and colleagues.
In 2002, with the support of the House of Commons, the Government of Canada endowed the Foundation with the Advanced Research in the Humanities and Human Sciences Fund.
Application Deadline: January 22, 2020
- Organization: Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral program
- Award: $40,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International or Domestic
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Full-time first or second-year students enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents enrolled full-time in a doctoral program in Canada, or Canadian citizens enrolled full-time in a doctoral program outside of Canada.
- Up to one scholar in four per given year may be a foreign national enrolled full-time in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution. This applies in particular to students from emerging nations.
- Canadian and international students can apply for Trudeau foundation grants.
- These are available for pursuing PhD. program.
- Humanities and social sciences, and specifically one or more of the Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada in the World, People and their Natural Environment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must be recommended by a Canadian or foreign university. They should consult their university for more information on the university’s internal selection process and deadlines, which vary from one institution to another. Files sent directly by a student will be automatically declined by the Foundation.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Full-time first or second-year students enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences can apply.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation provides
- $40,000 per year for three years;
- $20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance;
- Opportunity for a fourth year: writing or dissemination study;
- Advice from a mentor from various spheres of Canadian public life, starting the second year of the study;
- Development of leadership potential;
- Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
- Involvement in a lively exchange with other researchers or scholars and a keen interest in contributing to public dialogue;
- Collaboration with Trudeau mentors, fellows, and scholars on interdisciplinary projects going beyond their own field of expertise;
- Sharing of innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation.