The scholarship’s aim to strengthen New Zealand’s ability to engage with key Asian trading partners and increase international understanding of the strength and quality of New Zealand’s education system.
The Prime Minister’s funding for Asia (PMSA) is a new initiative by the government to provide support for New Zealand students to experience study in Asia.
- Application Deadline: 30th Aug (round 1) and 30th March (round 2)
- Course Level: The studentships are available to undertake at least 6 weeks up to a maximum of 2 years of study or research in Asia.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for programs that demonstrably linked to New Zealand’s trade or economic agenda in Asia.
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Students of New Zealand
- The award can be taken in Approved destinations are ASEAN countries such as Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam, as well as China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, and Sri Lanka.
- Eligible Countries: Students of New Zealand can apply for these Prime Minister scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants must
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold Permanent Resident status and in all cases be ordinarily resident in New Zealand, i.e., have resided in NZ for 12 of the previous 24 months.
- Not hold citizenship in their destination country in Asia.
- Propose a program that meets the requirements of the PMSA.
- Applicants must undertake appropriate programmes in:
- China (Greater China including Hong Kong and Taiwan), India, Viet Nam, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, plus Japan, Malaysia or Singapore
- Educational institutions in the above countries and territories with whom a New Zealand educational institution has a formal agreement/partnership
- Programmes must be full-time and can be:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate part or whole programme (including language programmes) in a relevant subject area at an appropriate institution in a target country, or
- Education, trade or economic-related research to target countries, including cooperative or independent research at educational institutions. Applicants undertaking research-only programmes must be enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institution, in either a master’s or PhD, or
- A full-time internship (or part-time with the additional study). Internships for longer than 12 weeks may be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are now open for the March 2022 round, please click here to apply.
- Supporting Documents: To complete this application, you will need to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of Citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship and/or proof of Permanent Residency status
- Officially verified Academic Transcripts for up to three tertiary level qualifications (equivalent to level 5 and above). If you have not completed tertiary qualification, you will need to upload documentation of your highest secondary qualification if it has been completed within the past three years.
- A 90-second video
- Admission Requirments: All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application and a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Residence holder of a minimum of 2 years at the time of application.
The two categories of the eligible program each has their own funding policy.
1. Exchange Programme-PMSA funding for exchange programs is awarded based on the duration of the program and the quality of the candidate and their application with regards to the goals of the PMSA. Successful exchange PMSA candidates will be awarded between $200 and $250 per week, for each week they are actively on the program in Asia.
2. Independent programs (non-exchange)-PMSA candidates on non-exchange programs may request funding for legitimate and reasonable expenses pertinent to the completion of the proposed program.
- Approved expenses include, but are not necessarily limited to;
- Tuition/program fees for your Asian institution
- Economy flights to and from your Asian destination
- Accommodation (while actively on the program)
- Living expenses (while actively on the program)
- Insurance (while actively on the program, including travel to and from Asia)
Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các bài chia sẻ sau nhé