Applications are open for well known KAAD Scholarships available for students of developing countries. These scholarships are awarded to students for pursuing master’s degree, PhD or for a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.
The KAAD supports his scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries.
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from developing countries.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: The deadlines for the full application are January 15 (decision in March) and June 30 (decision in September).
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.
- Study Subject: There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant. This holds true especially for subjects of PhD-theses. There is therefore a certain leaning towards “development oriented” studies–this does however not mean that other fields (cultural, philosophic, linguistic, etc.) cannot be of significance for a country and are ruled out.
- Scholarship Award: Not Known
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there.
- Entrance Requirements: For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- Come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices. Interested people send as first step the filled questionnaire to leimbach(at)kaad.de. For detailed information about the double-stage application procedure please send an e-mail with your questions or contact our partner committee in your country.