Applications for the merit scholarships program are currently open for foreign students. The program is conducted by the Government of Quebec for students who want to pursue any vocational training, technical training at the college level or university level.
The funding program is offered with an aim to attract international students for studies in Québec. It will help to encourage student recruitment in programs with good job and research prospects.
Government of Quebec
The Government of Quebec refers to the provincial government of the province of Quebec. In modern Canadian use, the term “government” refers broadly to the day’s cabinet, elected by the National Assembly of Quebec and the non-political staff within each provincial department or agency, civil and public services. Like all Canadian provinces, the province of Quebec is governed by a unicameral legislature, the National Assembly of Quebec, which operates in the Westminster system of government.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Candidates pursuing full-time studies in a vocational training program leading to one of the following:
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
- Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS)
- Candidates enrolled in a program with good job prospects will be given priority.
- Also, priority will be given to international students from leading markets in Asia, China, India, and Japan and the Americas, Brazil and Mexico, and from developing countries
- Students pursuing full-time studies in a technical training program leading to a College Studies Diploma (DCS).
- Students pursuing studies or research activities at a Québec university. Scholarships are available for:
- doctoral (PhD) programs
- postdoctoral studies
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying doctoral degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study in Quebec?
The quality of life in Quebec is exceptional. Students from all over the globe are drawn to the province because of its outstanding advantages. Every year, more than 50,000 students from several countries choose to study in Québec. Québec’s education system is set apart by its many internationally recognized programs.
Benefits of the Programs
The Merit Scholarship program offers recipients with the below benefits:
- This scholarship provides financial assistance during their higher education
- An exemption from the differential tuition fees payable by international students
- Health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
- The fund for 900-hour programs is valued at $14 000. An extra amount of $1 400 is added for every additional 100 hours, to a maximum of $26 000 for one 800-hour program.
- Doctoral research scholarships: $25 000 per year. This scholarship’s maximum duration is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months. In the case of an extension, a monthly allowance of $1 000 is provided.
- Postdoctoral scholarships: $35 000 for one year, non-renewable.
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: $3 000 per month for a period of up to four months.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, students are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Scholarship
Eligible candidates first need to apply for the relevant scholarship through an online process. Once your application has been submitted, Éducation Internationale will verify that it is complete and that all documents are up to date. Relevant educational institutions will then make their selections from all the submitted applications.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidates must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- International students willing to study in Québec in a training program of a duration of more than six months must be admitted to or enrolled in a designated learning institution, that is, an institution recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur or another Québec government ministry, to apply to temporary selection for studies, and a study permit from the federal government.
To study in Quebec, students first need to have a letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution you plan to attend in Quebec. You must also have received a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) or certificate of acceptance issued by the province of Quebec.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 877-644-4545
Office location: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- <> Nếu các bạn thật sự cần Mentor đồng hành săn học bổng Canada, đừng ngại liên hệ với Team nhé hoặc cho mình chút thời gian đọc các feedback của những học viên đã săn học bổng thành công cùng Team nguonhocbong.com nhé.<>
- LINK ĐĂNG KÍ TÌM MENTOR 1 KÈM 1 ĐỒNG HÀNH SĂN HỌC BỔNG CANADA : CLICK HERE