[HỌC BỔNG DU HỌC CANADA]
The Cole Foundation is offering fellowships for Clinical Fellows (holders of a medical degree), postdoctoral residents and graduate students to study at McGill University. This competition is open to all Canadian and all foreign citizens.
The Cole Foundation was founded in 1980 by the late J N (Jack) Cole, the retired Vice Chair of Wood Gundy. The primary mandate of the Foundation is to support research and patient care in the fields of pediatric and young adult leukemia and lymphomas in Montreal.
McGill University is one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from some 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to postdoctoral and doctoral students.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to clinical fellows (holders of a medical degree) to promote research in pre-leukemia, leukemia, lymphoma and other leukemia-related diseases in children and young adults as well as the development of clinical care for patients affected by these diseases.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowships are offered for a two-year mandate. The installment for the second year is contingent upon a satisfactory progress report for the previous year’s activities and upon the support of the host laboratory director. On a yearly basis these fellowships offer: $50,000 for clinical fellows; $40,000 for postdoctoral fellows; and $21,000 for doctoral fellows. In addition, a yearly supplement of up to $2,000 for clinical fellows and post-doctoral fellows and up to $1,000 for doctoral fellows will be awarded for academic activities (attendance at conventions, etc.).
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Canadian and all foreign citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: This competition is open to all Canadian and all foreign citizens.
- Entrance Requirements:• Have full-time status at the University of Montreal, McGill University or at the INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier
• Be registered in a graduate program (PhD) or in a program of postdoctoral or clinical studies
• Complete a Cole Foundation Fellowship application form
• Submit a letter of support from their supervisor which, among other information, is to include a description of the mentorship programme for the candidateThis competition is open to all Canadian and all foreign citizens. The scholar’s research activities can be carried out in the Montreal area or in an establishment outside Montreal so long as this is accepted by the research director.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.