Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation The studentships are available to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject at the University of Cambridge.
These are prestigious and highly competitive awarded to citizens of any country outside the UK. Bill gates scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge The studentships are one of the most prestigious international awards in the world. The programme was established in 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Gates Cambridge The studentships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded to study any subject at the postgraduate level offered by the University of Cambridge.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- Scholarship Provider: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Number of Awards: 80
- The award can be taken at the UK
- Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three-year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom can apply for these bill gates scholarships.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is electronically or by post.
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Leadership potential
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate program
- Cambridge for which they are applying.
For 2022 entry, Gates Cambridge will offer 80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
application Deadline: Applications for the academic year 2022-23 entry are now open.
Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các bài chia sẻ sau nhé