Internship World Bank Internship for International Students in USA, 2018
Nội dung Học bổng
Applications are invited for The World Bank Group Internship for the summer session. Interns will gain exposure to the work of the World Bank Group in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the Bank for a career after completing their studies.
Applicants must be full-time students, currently in their Master’s or Ph.D. programs and must be returning to school in the fall in the case of the Summer Internship and returning to school in the Spring in the case of the Winter Internship.
The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. The internship application deadline is October 31, 2017.
Field of Internship: This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, and other related fields.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The World Bank
Internship can be taken in the USA (Most positions are located in Washington, DC (some positions are offered in country offices)
Eligibility: To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return to school full-time). Successful candidates have usually completed their first year of graduate studies or are into their Ph.D. programs.
Fluency in English is required. Relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; others are in country offices. They are a minimum of four weeks long.
Internship Description: The World Bank Group Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their Ph.D. programs. This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, and population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields. Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
A number of awards offered: The number of interns hired for a given year is approximately 150-200, depending on the needs of Bank managers and their budget circumstances.
Internship Duration: Internships are offered for a minimum of four weeks.
Notification: World Bank does not send out any notice if applicants have not been selected. Unfortunately, given that World Bank typically receives about 5,000 applications each year for the Summer Program and 2,000-3,000 for the Winter Program, they are only able to acknowledge that intern’s application has been received. If interns have applied online, this acknowledgment is forwarded to them as soon as their application is successfully transmitted.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid the system timeout.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â??-<>&#â? etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Words.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Internship Application Deadline: Applications for the Winter World Bank Internship are now open through October 31, 2017.
756 lượt xem, 3 xem hôm nay