Thạc sĩ University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarship Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) in Japan, 2018
Nội dung Học bổng
[HỌC BỔNG TOÀN PHẦN DU HỌC NHẬT BẢN]
University of Tsukuba offers a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs to study in Japan. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must be applying for 18-month master’s program in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy at the University of Tsukuba.
The PEPP started out in 1995 as the Master’s Program in Policy Management and it was part of the Graduate School of International Political Economy of the University of Tsukuba. The objective of the Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) is to provide, within the time frame of 18 months, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies.
The University of Tsukuba is a national university founded in October 1973 and set in the new Tsukuba Science City on the basis of the older Tokyo University of Education. Its aim is to contribute to the promotion of scientific research and cultural exchanges.
Eligible applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement. A TOEFL score of 600 or TOEFL iBT score of 100, or higher is preferred for admission. (“9995” is the TOEFL & GRE institution code number for the University of Tsukuba.)
- Application deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to students for pursuing master’s degree.
- Study Subject: PEEP offers two Master courses.
- Economics Course, leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Economics
- Public Policy Course leading to the degree of Master of Public Policy.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships’ benefits cover:
- Economy class travel between the home country and Tsukuba with travel allowance set by donors
- Exam fee, entrance fee, tuition and other program fees
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance cost
Other costs not covered by scholarship such as
- Additional travel cost
- Other cost related to research, participation in workshop, seminars etc
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: Developing countries
- Scholarship can be taken in Tsukuba City, Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, F.S., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply to PEPP, applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is useful and, in the case of the Course in Economics Policy, highly recommended.
- Note: Those applicants who have completed their university education in countries where formal schooling lasts less than 16 years, who are at least 22 years old, and who have spent at least one year in a research or similar institution, may qualify to apply by filling out and submitting the provided form (Certificate of Research Activities).
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication skills by submitting
To apply for an ADB-JSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff or consultant of ADB, or a relative of the aforementioned. Staff of the JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
- English Language Requirements: Regardless of the language which applicants have been educated in, we need to have documents certifying your English proficiency as one of prerequisites. If you do not have score of standardized test such as TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC, equivalent proof of skills such as a certificate by a relevant institution, or certification by a current or former professor of the candidate may be acceptable.
University asks applicants to complete the application entry on Online Application System (OAS).
How to Apply: The required documents must be uploaded through the OAS; University will not accept applications via email, fax or regular mail.
Applicants should prepare and upload the following necessary documents:
- Certificate(s) of Higher Education
- Curriculum Vitae
- TOEFL Score or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- GRE Score or equivalent proof of skills
- Medical Certificate
- Photograph (40 mm×30 mm)
- Optional: Certificate of Research Activities, if any *
- Optional: Publications, if any but graduation thesis is not included.
- Three to four letters of Recommendation
- JJ/WBGSP applicant only: Statement of Eligibility
- ADB-JSP applicant only: ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- ADB-JSP applicant only: your Income Certificate
- ADB-JSP applicant only: Your Family’s Income Certificate
980 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay