Thạc sĩ University of Amsterdam Graduate School of Social Sciences Merit Scholarships in Netherlands, 2018
Nội dung Học bổng
University of Amsterdam Graduate School of Social Sciences is inviting applications for merit scholarships in Netherlands. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for scholarships.
The Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) have specifically been designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UvA. The AMS programme is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
- Application deadline: January 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields within Graduate School of Social Sciences to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship consists of an amount equal to the tuition fee. Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition due. Scholarship holders will receive their grant in monthly instalments. Selected AMS candidates may receive a top-up scholarship in the form of the Holland Scholarship. Selection is based on academic merit first, and financial need second (as demonstrated by the financial plan submitted during application).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from outside the European Economic Area
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; for more information please refer to: www.DUO.nl) and/or the low tuition fee. The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year.
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the Graduate School of Social Sciences. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree programme.
- Be admitted to a Master’s programme at the Graduate School of Social Sciences for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Bachelor’s or Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam. AMS will also not be awarded to candidates having to complete a preparatory programme first.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations (follow the link to the IND website below).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship. Notify the scholarships office when another full scholarship has been awarded and accepted.
- Scholarship continuation for subsequent year(s) of study depends upon satisfactory study progress. The programme you will be enrolled in, as it depends on the curriculum and rules and regulations of the department, sets the standard for satisfactory progress, and the time and manner in which progress will be measured. Please be advised that you are expected to gain approximately 80% of credits in any one year.
The programme you wish to apply for might set extra requirements such as academic and language requirements.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
How to Apply: Applicants can submit their application by completing the following steps:
- Submit your application for the Master programme of your choice. Note that your application needs to be complete, so with all required documents including valid language test scores.
- Receive your UvA student number and master application file number
- Fill out and submit the application form for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (you will need both your UvA student number and master application file number.)
580 lượt xem, 2 xem hôm nay