Sau Tiến sĩ SMART Scholarship Programme for Postdoctoral Research in Singapore, 2017
Nội dung Học bổng
Applications are invited for SMART scholarship programme for postdoctoral research for the year 2017. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
As a leading research hub in Asia, SMART aims to identify and carry out research on critical problems of societal significance and develop innovative solutions through its interdisciplinary research groups (IRGs).
The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) is a major research enterprise established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in partnership with the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF) in 2007. SMART is the first entity in the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) developed by NRF.
One note for all non-native English speakers who wish to study abroad in Singapore: in order to be accepted by a college or university for study in Singapore, Applicants will need to present a proof of language proficiency. It means they have to pass an official language test (for example – TOEFL or IELTS).
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the courses offered.
Scholarship Award: The awards provide an annual salary of up to S$90,000, a research grant of up to S$40,000, and a travel allowance of up to S$5,000.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- These awards will provide a unique opportunity for recent or soon to be Ph.D. graduates to participate in the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre in Singapore, and to become members of an alumni network that we anticipate will continue to evolve and expand over the years.
- The awards, to be given annually, are open to those with less than three years postdoctoral experience and provided they have received their doctoral degree by September 1, 2017. The fellowship recipient would be able to conduct research of his/her own choice in Singapore within, but not necessarily tied closely to, a current project in one of the five existing SMART Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs). It is anticipated that the recipients will take up their appointments at SMART by September 1, 2017 or earlier.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: These awards will provide a unique opportunity for recent or soon to be Ph.D. graduates to participate in the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre in Singapore, and to become members of an alumni network that we anticipate will continue to evolve and expand over the years.
English language Requirements: It’s important to know that English is the official language of instruction in Singapore, so all international students who wish to study abroad in Singapore can expect courses taught in English. One note for all non-native English speakers who wish to study abroad in Singapore: in order to be accepted by a college or university for study in Singapore, Applicants will need to present a proof of language proficiency. It means they have to pass an official language test (for example – TOEFL or IELTS).
ĐĂNG KÍ KHÓA HỌC NGAY- CLICK HERE
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Applicants have to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Curriculum Vitae not to exceed 2 pages.
- Complete list of publications. Also include one copy each of not more than three of their publications that they consider to represent their best work.
- A description of the research project applicants propose to conduct at SMART, including some background/context, technical approach and anticipated results (no more than two pages).
- Indicate the SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG) in which they would like to conduct their research. To find out more information on the projects within the IRGs, click on the links below:
- BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM)
- Center for Environmental Sensing and Modeling (CENSAM)
- Future Urban Mobility (FM)
- Infectious Diseases (ID)
- Low Energy Electronic System (LEES)
- Identify an MIT faculty member who belongs to SMART who applicants feel could best provide mentoring and guidance for their proposed research topic.
- Provide a brief description of why they want to conduct their research at SMART in Singapore. Include some indication of how the proposed research might benefit from being conducted in Singapore, and/or how it might promote collaboration between SMART faculty members from MIT, the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Describe their long-term career goals and the role of this postdoctoral experience in achieving them, including future plans for collaborative activities (no more than ½ page).
- Provide three professional recommendation letters. One must be from their doctoral supervisor and the other two from persons qualified to comment on their scholarly achievements. The letter must be prepared using the company’s official letterhead, sent electronically to Ms. Jocelyn Sales at jsales-at-mit.edu. If additional information is needed, SMART will contact applicants references directly.
- Please provide the selection committee with any additional information that they feel will be helpful to the committee in assessing their application.
If applicants are interested in the Joint post-doc programme with SUTD:
- Applicants can include in their research statement the propose research project within SMART that closely aligns with the research being conducted at the International Design Centre (IDC) at SUTD.
- Identify a SUTD faculty mentor with links to the IDC, (in addition to the SMART-MIT Investigator) whom they feel could best provide mentoring and guidance for their proposed research topic.
Application Deadline: The application period is from February 1 through April 17, 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified by email sometime during the first or second week of June 2017.
679 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay