Đại học & Thạc sĩ Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships at University of Waikato in New Zealand, 2017
Nội dung Học bổng
University of Waikato is inviting applications for Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship for academic year 2017.
Scholarship is open to both New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and international students. The Scholarship will cover the costs of domestic tuition fees and associated charges.
The University determines the maximum number of scholarships available annually.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or completely taught postgraduate level studies at University of Waikato in New Zealand.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for studying any of the courses offered by the University of Waikato.
Scholarship Awards: The value of the Scholarship is up to $10,000 per annum.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration for the award of the Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic achievement, as defined under section 4 below, and
- Significant achievement to date and potential to further excel in either
- A sporting code, or
- A performing or creative art, and
- Leadership qualities.
- Consideration of applications will also be subject to an assessment of:
- The alignment of the sport or performing or creative art concerned2 to the University’s Vision and to the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme’s Purpose, and
- The University’s capability, in conjunction with relevant local agencies, to provide access to facilities and developmental support appropriate to the sport or performing or creative art.
- When selecting recipients, the Panel may take into account the applicant’s willingness and ability to fully participate in, and contribute to, the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme.
Nationality: New Zealand and international students can apply for these Sir Edmund Hillary scholarships.
How to Apply: Applicants must include with their application:
- A curriculum vitae (including a one-page summary of relevant achievements & awards)
- (maximum two-page) personal statement that briefly presents the following: – best performance to date and why – future aspirations for creative or sporting endeavours – leadership & community involvement
- A reference from an agency relevant to the sporting code, performing art or creative art concerned, attesting to the applicant’s abilities in that sport or art, potential to further excel, and leadership qualities
- A second reference as follows:
- Applicants currently enrolled in secondary school must attach a completed Principal’s assessment form
- All other applicants must attach a reference attesting to the applicant’s leadership qualities, and ability to maintain academic standards while pursuing his or her creative or sporting endeavours.
- Where relevant, copies of creative works or recordings of performances (creative / performing arts applicants only). Please note that all dance, screen and media, graphic design, music and theatre studies students are required to submit a USB, DVD or CD containing recordings of performances / examples of work. Other arts applicants may choose to do so if they feel such material would be helpful to the Selection Panel.
- An up-to-date copy of their NZQA Record of Achievement or Academic Transcript.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.
403 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay