Tiến sĩ PhD Scholarship in Architecture at the University of Sydney
Nội dung Học bổng
[Học bổng PhD du học Úc]
Commonwealth, Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Project Innovation in Advanced Multi-Storey Housing Manufacture Scholarships Innovation in Applied Design Lab
The University of Sydney’s Innovation in Applied Design Lab at the Sydney School of Architecture Design and Planning, together with industry partners Lendlease and DesignMake, have been awarded a prestigious Commonwealth Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Project grant. The research project will focus on innovating in the multi-storey manufactured housing area, and building on the leading work already carried out by Lendlease and DesignMake. The focus on prefabricated and modular housing reflects the growing global interest in the transformation of the construction industry towards a more industrialised, smart and sustainable manufacturing industry.
Lendlease and its subsidiary DesignMake have been at the forefront of innovation in tall timber buildings for several years. The collaboration between Lendlease, DesignMake, and the Innovation in Applied Design Lab on this CRC-P grant aims to unlock the potential growth of Australia’s prefabricated building industry. The CRC-P Grant will enable the next generation of engineers and architects to apply advanced manufacturing principles to prefabricated modular buildings. The CRC-P aims to secure the Australian industry’s competitive advantage in the global value chain leading to local employment growth and increased exports of prefabricated products and services.
PhD Scholarship in Architecture at the University of Sydney
As part of the CRC Project, the University of Sydney together with Lendlease and DesignMake, are seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for two PhD scholarships. The PhD candidates will work within the Innovation in Applied Design Lab and industry partners under the supervision by Associate Professor Mathew Aitchison and other faculty within the Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning. Interested applicants should refer to the Scholarships and Application Details below.
Selection Criteria – Ph.D Scholarship in Architecture
We are seeking appropriately qualified PhD candidates who has the capability to undertake a wide spectrum of research and development associated with the prefabricated construction industry. Candidates will work directly with Lendlease and DesignMake, along with the wider research group, and will require a broad range of skill sets and experience across a number of categories. Candidates will need to respond to some of the following selection criteria:
- At least two years work experience in academia or practice
- Applicants should demonstrate a proven capacity at least two of the following five thematic areas:
- Supply Chain Innovation: Logistics & Time-Cost Motion Analysis
- Configurator: Integrated Design, Manufacturing, and Process Platform
- Digitising Field Activities: Site/Factory Interface
- Material Fabrication Technologies and Techniques
- High Performance Modular Building Envelopes
Desirable Criteria – Architecture
- Excellence in Residential design and construction
- Experience in innovation in prefabrication and fabrication design, technologies and processes
- Research experience, including published research or designs.
Scholarship Details – PhD Scholarship in Architecture
- Start Date: ASAP and to be agreed with the advisory team.
- Duration: Three years full-time research towards a PhD degree. A limited extension of this scholarship by 3-6 months may be agreed with the advisory team.
- Remuneration – Successful candidates will receive $32,000per annum (indexed annually, and in some cases tax exempt). Candidates will also be eligible to apply for further internal funding towards research travel.
- The scholarship is open to domestic and international applicants that are eligible for admission to candidature for a higher degree by research (international applicants, please note that the scholarship provides a living allowance and will not pay the tuition fees). Domestic applicants are exempt from tuition fees. The candidate must be enrolled in full-time study, meet the eligibility criteria set out in this document, and able to attend an interview, preferably in person, but also by remote video conferencing. For further information relating the admissions process, please refer to: Postgraduate research entry requirements.
- Please refer to the detailed entry requirement, linked below. On occasion, candidates can be admitted by official invitation and through RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning), through CV / Folio submission where appropriate.
Applications open 16th December 2016 00:00am Eastern Australian Standard Time.
Applications close on February 5, 2017. 11:30pm Eastern Australian Standard Time.
- Submit a cover letter of no more than two A4 pages, addressing: the selection criteria in this application package; the motivation behind the application for this scholarship; and, any other relevant information.
- Curriculum Vitae containing a minimum of academic qualifications, work experience, evidence of research/practice experience, and any other information relevant to the criteria listed in the application packages.
If you have any questions, please email the Innovation in Applied Design Lab Manager Rachel Couper, firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Click Here
1426 lượt xem, 2 xem hôm nay