Fellowship Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowships for International Applicants in Germany, 2017
Nội dung Học bổng
[Học bổng du học Đức]
Applications are invited for Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowships from outstanding postdoctoral fellows from around the world to to conduct special research at institutes of the Leibniz Association in Germany.
The Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowship programme is jointly carried out by the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Leibniz-DAAD fellowships offer highly-qualified, international postdoctoral researchers, who have recently completed their doctoral studies, the opportunity to conduct research at a Leibniz Institute of their choice in Germany.
The Leibniz Association connects 88 independent research institutions that range in focus from the natural, engineering and environmental sciences via economics, spatial and social sciences to the humanities. Leibniz institutes address issues of social, economic and ecological relevance.
The DAAD is the largest funding organisation in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars. Since it was founded in 1925, more than 1.5 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding.
Course Level: Fellowship is awarded for postdocs to conduct special research at institutes of the Leibniz Association in Germany.
Study Subject(s): Leibniz-DAAD research fellows can undertake their research at the 88 Leibniz institutes.
List of Subjects: Humanities and Education, Economics, Social and Spatial Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Natural and Engineering Sciences and Environmental Sciences
Scholarship Award: Fellowships can be awarded for 12 months and include:
- A monthly installment of €2,000,
- A combined health, accident and personal liability insurance in Germany,
- A research allowance of €460 per annum and
- A two-months German language course in Germany (if desired)
Scholarship can be taken in Germany (Leibniz Institute)
Eligibility: At the time of application (date of signing of the application form) applicants for a Leibniz DAAD Research Fellowship must neither hold German nationality nor have resided in Germany for more than six months. Applicants should:
- Be able to prove their outstanding academic or research achievements,
- Have completed their studies with a PhD or equivalent qualification (no more than two years should have passed since graduation) and
- Have excellent knowledge of English.
Nationality: Fellowship is open for international applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must neither hold German nationality nor have resided in Germany for the last 6 months before the application deadline.
English Language Requirement: Applicants require copy of English language skills certification (e.g. TOEFL 550/213/80, IELTS: 6.0) not more than five years old.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD online portal:
- Online application form (available in the portal)
- Cover page (available in the portal)
- Curriculum vitae;
- List of publications;
- Description of the research project (max. 3 pages);
- Detailed work plan and timeline (max. 1 page);
- Abstract of the doctoral thesis (max. 3 pages);
- Copy of the Master degree certificate;
- PhD diploma;
- University certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s) of the Master and the PhD studies (transcripts of records), incl. explanation of grading system;
- Officially recognized English language certificate (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or confirmation of the English language skills by a university teacher of the applicant´s own choice.
- This does not apply to applicants whose mother tongue is English.
Documents to be sent to the DAAD application address by post:
- One copy of the “Application summary”, which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed;
- Two letters of recommendation, which should be written by scholars of the applicant´s own choice: The form of the letter of recommendation has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by email to their referees (senior academics) and ask for the completed reference form to be sent to the application address in Bonn in a sealed envelope. References are confidential and should not be read by the applicant.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 9, 2017.
1046 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay