Tiến sĩ International Doctoral Scholarships at University of Waikato in New Zealand, 2017
Nội dung Học bổng
[Học bổng PhD du học New Zealand]
The University of Waikato is pleased to offer doctoral scholarships for New Zealand citizens and international students. These scholarships will be awarded to students enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science.
The doctoral scholarships are offered to provide financial assistance in paying off tuition fees.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to undertake a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for studying all the subjects offered by the university.
- The value of the scholarship shall be a living allowance of up to $22,000 per annum, payable in monthly instalments, and the domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral programme during the term of the Scholarship. The living allowance will be paid on a pro-rata basis for approved parttime students.
- A thesis preparation grant of up to $400 is available to assist with thesis printing costs provided the thesis is submitted within four years of the commencement of doctoral enrolment.
- The value of the Scholarship may be revised at the discretion of the University.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Doctoral Scholarships are open to students enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science.
- Scholarship applications will only be considered once the applicant has received an Offer of Place to study for a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato (see Regulation 3.1).
- A candidate will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- A candidate already enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato can apply. However, the Selection Panel will favour applications from new doctoral candidates. Should an enrolled candidate be successful, the Scholarship tenure may be reduced.
- Applicants should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
(a) Applicants who have socially compelling reasons for enrolling in part-time study (e.g. illness, disability, parent or carer responsibilities) may apply to the Scholarships Committee for permission to be awarded a Scholarship on a part-time basis. The applicant should outline the reasons for the request in their personal statement and provide appropriate evidence of the need to study part-time. These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
(b) During any period of part-time enrolment, the value and duration of a recipient’s Scholarship would be adjusted on a pro rata basis.
(c)Applicants will not be granted permission to hold a University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship on a part-time basis if they wish to undertake full-time paid employment or substantial part-time employment (see Regulation 9).
(d)Recipients are required to change to full-time enrolment if a change in their circumstances means they no longer qualify to hold the Scholarship on a part-time basis.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All students applying to the University of Waikato must meet the appropriate academic and English language entry requirements. Faculties/Schools of Study may have additional entry requirements for some qualifications. All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score. Scores can vary according to the qualification sought. If English is not first language applicant must provide one of the following as evidence of English language proficiency:
- IELTS: Some qualifications require an overall band 6.5 and a Writing band 6.0. and some require 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in each band (7.0 overall for Graduate Diploma in Teaching with no less than 7.0 in each band. 7.0 for the Bachelor of Teaching with no less than 7.0 in each band. 7.5 for the Master of Teaching and Learning). The English language proficiency requirements for admission to particular qualifications are at the discretion of the Dean concerned.
- TOEFL (internet based): 90 with a writing score of 22 (100 for Graduate Law)
- TOEFL (paper-based): 577 overall including a TWE of 5.0 (100 overall and TWE of 5.5 for Graduate Law)
- TOEFL (computer-based): 233 including a TWE of 5.0 (5.5 for Graduate Law)
How to Apply: Applicants must submit an “Application to Enroll” to apply to study a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato prior to, or at the same time as, applying for a Doctoral Scholarship. The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Academic Transcripts from other Tertiary Institutions
If applicant have studied at any other tertiary institution, please upload verified copies of academic transcripts (including a grading scale where possible)
- Academic Referees
Please provide the names and addresses of at least two persons applicant have asked to forward confidential references to the Scholarships Office.
One of these referees must be either their (proposed) Chief Supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution where they obtained their Masters which qualified them for the University of Waikato doctoral programme.
Those references (on letterhead) must be attached to an e-mail and sent directly by their referee to email@example.com
Application Deadline: The closing date is 30 April 2017.
182 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay