Fellowship Học bổng Nghiên cứu và Sáng tạo 2015 tại Thượng Hải
Nội dung Học bổng
2015 (Fall) Research and Creation Fellowship – Chronus Art Center
All applications must be received electronically by 23:59 (Beijing Time), Wednesday, July 15, 2015 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be informed of their application status by August 15, 2015.
September 20, 2015 (starting date negotiable within reason)
This 12-month fellowship program is designed to host international artists and researchers of extraordinary talent working in the area of new media art in order to conduct research and creation at Chronus Art Center (CAC) in Shanghai. The Research and Creation Fellowship aims to advance the experimental nature of media art, contribute to CAC’s research and educational mission, foster global exchange, and explore new models collecting new media art work.
The Fall 2015 Season Fellowship will sponsor one international artist/researcher (individual or team) to engage with the Shanghai and other Chinese art, and technology communities. The selected Fellow will be expected to work in CAC’s laboratory with CAC’s research and creation team on a range of activities including: active contribution to the larger CAC community, collaborative partnership with other residents, leading research initiatives, educational programs and public engagement, and developing current or future research areas for the organization. Developed projects, including prototypes, documentation, and work-in-progress, will be presented to the public at Chronus Art Center.
In the inaugural year of the Research and Creation Fellowship program, we are seeking exploratory and innovative proposals that explore artistic applications of emerging technologies, and have the potential to engage CAC and the public to learn alongside artists and creative technologists developing thought-provoking work. Proposed projects should relate to one or multiple of the following areas:
1. Emotive Networks & Haptic Gaming: Using networking and Internet technologies to share biofeedback data (EEG and ECG as well as other body-based sensors, wearable technology, etc.) and physical computing to create body-actuators (haptic and force feedback) in order to produce expanded/immersive gaming and telematic experiences, performances, interactive objects and responsive environments.
2. Generative Art and Big Data: online back-end (server), front-end (interface) programming and internet enabled hardware/objects focused on the development of real-time data-mining and scrapping applications, generative art, interactive installations and dynamic sculptures, which utilize and process data using swarming, flocking, machine learning and genetic algorithms.
3. Intelligent Audio-visual Systems: Augmented and virtual reality, mobile technology and/or custom hardware to explore non-linear, experimental narratives in cinema, T.V, mobile devices and other media. Autonomous audiovisual and/or music systems that make use of participatory dynamics, in both physical and virtual spaces and explore the use of the large-scale, 360 degree projection system located at CAC.
4. Existential Technologies: This line of research explores the use of wearable technology, robotics, interactive media and physical computing in order to examine fundamental ontological questions regarding the nature of reality and human perception; synesthesia, sensory substitution, sensory augmentation, etc.
5. It from bit: Aesthetic objects that examine the ideas of simulation and representation through the hybridization of digital and physical forms. The transmutation of bits into atoms and vice-versa becomes the exploration of new forms of art in the field of mixed and mediated reality through physical computing, VR and AR.
One selected Fellow (either as an individual or as a team) will be offered a total amount of USD30,000 grant for a period of one year to cover travel, accommodation and stipend, including materials during his/her residency in Shanghai.
CAC will provide the necessary paperwork and advice for the process of visa application and help identify local accommodation in Shanghai.
CAC will work closely with the selected Fellow to ensure the realization of the proposed project and offer program support in developing work for performance, events, seminars, exhibitions, or other public and educational programming during the term of the Fellowship. CAC will also partner with appropriate local and neighbor organizations, facilitate joint presentations of works-in-progress, host conversations with the artists and display works in progress, revealing the creative process as it happens.
All fellowship related activities will be documented and archived for future publications.
– This fellowship is open to international artists and researchers.
– Applicants are expected to demonstrate previous experience in the development of similar projects.
– Individuals and collaborative teams are invited to apply. In either case, please detail in your application how technical and creative responsibilities will be met.
Please fill out and submit the application form online here and send other supporting materials as email attachments in PDF format to: email@example.com
Complete applications must include the following materials:
– Application Form. Please indicate in the application form the focus area(s) of your proposed project by choosing from CAC’s five areas of concentration;
– Resume or CV in PDF format. If applying as a collaborative team, please include information about team members’ relevant prior experience and combine CVs into a single document.
– One PDF document with visuals that further outline the proposal（less than 30M）. For visual materials (images, schematics, renderings, etc.) that exceed 30M, please provide URLs. Video files (.mov, mp4) of less than 5 minutes in length will also be accepted in URLs. Please indicate URL passwords if any.
– Portfolio or Work samples. Include project descriptions with your portfolio or work samples that explains how it relates to your proposed project(s)/research. Combine all descriptions with URLs and passwords into one PDF document. You may use a free hosting service such as Flickr (flickr.com) for images, SoundCloud (soundcloud.com) for audio, or Vimeo (vimeo.com) for video.
NOTE: Allow permission to download a high quality version of file if using one of these 3rd party services. Alternatively, you may provide a link to your own page with high quality versions of your work samples available for review and download.
Applications will be reviewed by CAC International Advisory Board comprised of leading scholars, artists and museum professionals. Acceptance is based on artistic excellence, quality, feasibility and visionary potential. The successful applicant will outline clear goals, milestones and timelines.
Please send further inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1774 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay