Tiến sĩ [Học bổng du học Đức – 4 suất – PhD]
Nội dung Học bổng
[Học bổng du học Đức – 4 suất – PhD]
Deadline: no deadline
Advertising institute: IBG-2 – Plant Sciences
Reference number: D041/2015, Natural, agronomical or bioinformatics sciences
Within its graduate program “Quantitative Plant Sciences” the Institute of Bio- and Geosciences – Plant Sciences (IBG-2) seeks several
PhD students (natural, agronomical or bioinformatics sciences)
for several 3 year positions
Plants provide biomass for the growing demands in a world with increasing population, less fossil resources and higher risks for the environment. Plants are the basis for delivering with amble and healthy food to a growing population in a future bio-economy, where renewable raw materials from plants are used as well for non-food applications for materials, chemicals and energy. Plant production is affected by climate change and plant key elements in mitigation of climate change. On the basis of molecular, physiological and ecological expertise, the Institute focuses on integrated concepts for an intensified and sustainable crop production. New technologies, such as (non-invasive) phenotyping with non-invasive methods or bioinformatics, open up new opportunities to generate and apply knowledge on plants for a sustainable bio-economy.
Ph.D. positions will be filled in the following themes:
Topic 1: Dynamics of leaf water status and flow by active thermography
Topic 2: Barley root system architecture growing into a changing soil environment
Topic 3: Characterizing heat and drought resistance of seed filling in wheat
Topic 4: Modelling the impact of water availability on carbon transport in plants
- University degree in any discipline that can actively contribute to one of the above mentioned topics in experiment or theory with a good final grade (in the German system 2.0 or better)
- Strong interest in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Two letters of recommendation, a statement on your research interest and experience and a descNeues Dokumentription of your specific interest in one (or more) of the above mentioned topics
- Preferably experience in one (or more) of the above mentioned topics.
IBG-2 – Plant Sciences offers a unique interdisciplinary working environment developing and using excellent infrastructure and modern approaches in plantNeues Dokument physiology addressing majorNeues Dokument challenges of plant production for a sustainable bioeconomy.
- We offer world-class infrastructure and expertise in plant phenotyping.
- The opportunity to work in a unique interdisciplinary team (scientists, engineers, technicians) and with national and international partners.
- Professional development and career plans with specific training programs (incl. a doctoral program of FZJ and IBG-2) and national and international conferences.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Ingar Janzik,
Equal opportunity is a cornerstone of our staff policy. Applications from disabled persons are welcomed. Payment of the PhD fellow will be based on salary grade EG 13 (50%) Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the candidate’s profile and the subject of his/her PhD thesis an additional allowance may be granted.
Please send your application – quoting the reference number and the position/topic of interest – with the relevant documentation to:
Mr. K. Beumers
Institut für Bio- und Geowissenschaften
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
920 lượt xem, 3 xem hôm nay