Tiến sĩ Fully-Funded 5 PhD Studentships in Precision Agriculture at Ghent University in Belgium, 2017-2018
Nội dung Học bổng
Ghent University is now accepting applications for fully funded 5 PhD Studentships in Precision Agriculture within the Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering in Ghent University (UGent) in Belgium. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the project is to establish a research platform combining cutting-edge soil and crop sensors, modelling and system control technology for managing farm resources (seeds, fertilisers, pesticides, water, and manure) site-specifically, with the final goal of establishing a precision agriculture centre in Flanders.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Precision Agriculture.
The following 5 PhD projects are available under this project:
- Site specific fertilisation.
- Site specific manure injection.
- Site specific pesticide applications.
- Site specific soil compaction management.
- Site specific seed rate management.
Scholarship Award: University offer fully funded PhD positions starting between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018. We offer approx. €23787 per year (€1982 per month) based on a full working week (38 hours).
- Candidates will have the opportunity to work within a stimulating research environment within the SiTeMan Group with interdisciplinary team comprising of agricultural engineers, soil scientists, agronomists and data mining experts, where many international collaborations are foreseen.
Number of Scholarships: Five scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
- Have or will soon have a MSc degree in Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Should have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modelling languages, such as, MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++…..
- Desirable to have knowledge in sensing technologies, modelling and control theory.
- Good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery.
- The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports.
- Good practical problem solver / Ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and technical problems.
- Ability to work as a member of a team within a dynamic research group.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have MSc in Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
English language Requirements: The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by not latter that 30th September, 2017, enclosing the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining your motivation, research and teaching experience.
- Detailed CV and publication record.
- Your MSc degree or an interim document if you are still finishing your MSc.
- A verified transcript of your MSc and BSc degrees.
- Indicate your interest in the above 5 PhD projects.
- Two reference letters from academic members.
Applications should be submitted via email with subject ‘PhD scholarships under Odysseus project’ to project promoter Prof. Abdul Mouazen (E-mail: abdul.mouazen-at-ugent.be).
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is September 30, 2017.
894 lượt xem, 3 xem hôm nay