Doctoral student in Automatic Control
Nội dung Học bổng
Institutionen för reglerteknik
Lund University was founded in 1666. Today, the University is ranked as one of the world`s top 100 and is Sweden`s most international higher education institution. The University has 47 700 students and 7 500 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The doctoral students positions are mainly devoted to postgraduate studies (80% of the time), but include 20% department service, usually teaching. The research topic for this position lays at the boundaries between Control Engineering and Computer Engineering. Strong candidates either possess knowledge in both the disciplines or have a background in one of the two and curiosity for the other.
The work will be funded by the VR framework grant “Feedback Computing in Cyber-Physical Systems”. The main goal of the research project is to develop feedback-based methods for management of multiple simultaneous resources, such as CPU time, memory, and power consumption, using bandwidth reservation techniques in combination with scheduling and speed scaling. The developed control-based methods should be based on application abstractions that allow to tackle multiple resources and performance objectives despite variations in the application domain. The application domain includes both desktop machines and embedded platforms.
In order to be admitted to postgraduate studies in Automatic Control, the student must have completed a degree of advanced level (MSc or equivalents) within a relevant study program. Students with basic eligibility for third-cycle studies are those who:
* have completed a second-cycle degree with courses for at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are from second-cycle courses;
* have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in some other way, either in Sweden or abroad.
Special eligibility requirements comprise knowledge from first-cycle studies or the equivalent, but can also refer to special professional experience.
Additionally, sufficient knowledge of the subject area is required for third-cycle studies. The specific entry requirements include . Students meeting special eligibility requirements are those who have:
* at least 60 higher education credits within the same subject area as the third-cycle studies (Control Engineering (Automatic Control basic course FRT010) or Computer Engineering), of which in-depth work of at least 30 higher education credits of relevance to the subject area, or
* civil engineer degree or equivalent. The applicant must also be deemed to have the ability to successfully complete postgraduate studies. Exceptions can be made, in special cases, by the Board of LTH. Good skills in both spoken and written English are a requirement for the position.
Students with basic eligibility for third-cycle studies are those who- have completed a second-cycle degree- have completed courses of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are from second-cycle courses, or- have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in some other way, in Sweden or abroad.
The employment of doctoral students is regulated in the Swedish Code of Statues 1998: 80. Only those who are or have been admitted to PhD-studies may be appointed to doctoral studentships. When an appointment to a doctoral studentship is made, the ability of the student to benefit from PhD-studies shall primarily be taken into account. In addition to devoting themselves to their studies, those appointed to doctoral studentships may be required to work with educational tasks, research and administration, in accordance with specific regulations in the ordinance.
Basis of Assessment
Only those who are or have been admitted to PhD-studies may be appointed to doctoral studentship. Selection to postgraduate studies is based on the expected ability to perform well in the studies. The evaluation of the ability to perform well is based primarily on the results of studies at the basic and advanced levels, in particular:
* Knowledge and skills relevant to postgraduate studies within the area of Computer Engineering and Control Engineering. This can be documented by appended documents and interview.
* Estimated ability to work independently and the ability to formulate and solve scientific questions. This ability can be established, for example, based on undergraduate research experiences, a Master thesis or in a discussion of scientific problems during a possible interview.
* Skills in written and oral communication.
* Other experience relevant to postgraduate studies, such as professional experience.
Desirable Qualifications: We expect that the applicants’ undergraduate studies include courses in computer engineering and/or control engineering. The research is to a large extent interdisciplinary, and a broad competence profile and experience from relevant areas is of high value. Important personal qualities are, beside creativity and a curious mind, the ability to work both independently and in a group and experience in the scientific interaction with researchers from other disciplines and in other countries.
Type of employment
Limit of tenure, four years according to HF 5 kap 7§.
Lund University promotes an equal opportunities code. We encourage both men and women to apply for this position.
Type of employment:
Temporary position longer than 6 months
First day of employment:
Number of positions:
- Eva Westin, +46462228787, email@example.com
- Karl-Erik Årzén, +46462228782, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martina Maggio, +46462221570, email@example.com
- SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds , 046-222 93 64, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-222 93 66, email@example.com
- OFR/S:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date:
724 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay