Fellowship20 Journalism Fellowships for US and International Applicants at Stanford University in USA, 2017-2018
Nội dung Học bổng
The Stanford University is offering up to 20 John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships for the US and international applicants for the 2017-2018 academic year.
These scholarships are open to outstanding individuals from around the world to pursue and test their ideas for improving the quality of news and information reaching the public.
The John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships at Stanford foster journalistic innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
Course Level: The program is focused on journalism innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
Study Subject: This is a ten months fellowship program at Stanford University, USA.
Scholarship Award: Each year, up to 20 journalists from all over the world come together as JSK Fellows for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun. We enthusiastically include families in fellowship life.
To help fellows get the most out of their year, we provide several financial benefits, including a stipend of $65,000. In addition to the stipend, we provide fellows with additional funds designed to help with specific costs, such as housing, health insurance, child care and expenses related to work on their journalism challenges. (The amounts of these supplemental funds a fellow receives are based in part on family size and range from $13,000 to more than $50,000.)
Other benefits of a JSK Fellowship:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top-notch Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialities. It is not uncommon for classes to be taught by people who also are working in the private sector.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theatre, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another. A number of these events also are open to fellows’ children.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take classes and attend fellowship seminars just as the fellows do. Fellows’ children can attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some special fellowship social activities.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that about 20 fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond your 10 months with us.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- S. applicants for a JSK Fellowship ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years. But we also consider less experienced applicants with outstanding achievements.
- No college degree is required.
- We consider applicants who fall into one or more of these categories:
- Journalists employed by a news organization or journalist freelancers
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators
- Journalism business and management executives.
Nationality: The US or International applicants can apply for these John S. Knight Journalism fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: U.S. applicants for a JSK Fellowship ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: Deadline for International and U.S. Applicants is 1st December 2016.
Link: Click Here
477 lượt xem, 1 xem hôm nay