Tiến sĩ 10 Fully Funded PhD Positions in Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, Germany
Nội dung Học bổng
The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) offers up to 10 fully funded PhD positions for international students. Positions offer talented and enthusiastic students the opportunity to undertake PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology and related fields.
The aim of the PhD position is to enable and encourage academically able international applicants.
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a modern research centre, which is funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, a charity with a long tradition in promoting outstanding research in medicine, biology, chemistry and pharmaceutical science.
The official working language at IMB is English. Certificate as proof of English skills not a requirement, but proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is a prerequisite for entry to the IPP.
Course Level: Positions is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The International PhD programme includes groups at the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU), Mainz’s University Medical Centre (UMC) and the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research (MPI-P).
List of Subjects: Genome stability & DNA repair, Epigenetics & Gene regulation and Computational biology & omics
Number of Scholarships: They receive about 500 formally eligible applications each call for typically 10-12 positions.
- The possibility to work on a cutting-edge project using state-of-the-art technology in a highly motivated research team.
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment.
- Advanced training opportunities.
- A competitive stipend.
- 2 letters of reference.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The IPP wants to attract the brightest minds from all over the world. We are looking for creative and ambitious students in the field of life sciences who are looking for challenging work at the cutting edge of science. Our student community currently consists of about 120 PhD students from 24 different countries. Each call we receive more than 500 applications from students all over the world, for approximately 10 – 12 positions.
First criterion for eligibility is that you are fluent in English, which is our working language in the IPP.
Education and experience
You should have prior experience in a research environment and have, or be about to complete, a Master’s or equivalent degree (at least 4 years of university education).
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world can apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant should have prior experience in a research environment and have, or be about to complete, a master’s or equivalent degree (at least 4 years of university education).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The official working language at IMB is English. Certificate as proof of English skills not a requirement, but proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is a prerequisite for entry to the IPP.
How to Apply:
1) Online registration
Register online to provide us with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
Please register here
Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
We will not consider applications until 2 reference letters are received. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees
Information required for registration:
- Personal data, including your address and contact details
- Contact details of your Referees
2) Online application form
Once you have registered, you will receive immediately a link to your personalised online application form by Email. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any)
- Details of past research experiences
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call!
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed (including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
If degree forms and records from your university or high school certificates are not available in English, we do not require authorised translations for this application. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the IPP coordinator
Applicants must must register by November 15, 2017 and apply by November 22, 2017 24:00 CET in order to be considered for the winter call 2017/18.
474 lượt xem, 3 xem hôm nay